Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Italia Here I Come!

That is: PyCon Italia, here I come! It's still a month away (May 8-10), but I'm already looking forward to my vacation in the historic city of Florence and on the beautiful west coast of Italy. The organizers of PyCon Italia kindly invited me to give a keynote at their annual conference, making me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Kidding aside, it looks like it will be a very exciting conference, with Googlers Fredrik Lundh and Alex Martelli also coming to speak, as well as Python core developer Raymond Hettinger. And even though much of the program will be in Italian, real-time translations will be available for the main track. Personally, I'm most looking forward to a mysterious late-night event labeled PyBirra, where the locals will try to drink me under the table. Salute!

No comments: